Bottle gourd (Lauki) is a rich source of nutrients like fiber, iron and Vitamin C. This vegetable is indeed healthy and can be used in many vegetarian and non- vegetarian dishes.
Today’s special “Zeera Lauki” is simple and easy to cook with minimal ingredients handy at home.
- Lauki (Bottle gourd) 500 gm chopped
- Tomato 2 medium chopped
- Zeera (Cumin) seeds ½ tsp
- Haldi (Turmeric) ¼ tsp
- Salt ½ tsp or according to taste
- Red chili powder ½ tsp
- Red chili 1-2
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Heat oil in the kadhai (Fry pan) and add zeera (cumin) seeds with red chili and let it crackle
- Now add Lauki, salt, haldi, red chili powder and mix well
- Cover the kadhai with a lid and let it cook for 5 minutes in low heat, keep stirring in a little while
- Check if the Lauki is soft then add tomatoes and cook in low heat
- In 5-10 minutes the tomatoes would turn soft
- Mix the tomatoes well with Lauki and remove from the heat
- Serve hot with Parathas!!