Beetroot is one of the vegetables which is not only a store-house for Vitamin C and Iron but also good for liver.
Today’s special recipe “Beetroot Pulao” is super healthy, easy to cook, beautiful to look at and delicious in taste!!
- Beetroot 1 cup chopped
- Basmati Rice 2 cups
- Zeera (Cumin) seeds 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon 1/2 inch
- Cardamom 3 crushed
- Black Cardamom 1
- Red Chili powder 1/4 tsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp or according to taste
- Ghee (clarified butter) 3 tbsp
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker and lower the heat
- Now add zeera seeds, cinnamon, black cardamom and let it crackle
- Rinse the rice properly and add in the pressure cooker and stir well
- Now add red chili powder, salt and cardamom and mix well
- Fry the mixture in low flame for 2 minutes
- Now add 2 1/2 cups of water and cover the cooker with the lid
- Cook it till 2 whistles or 5-7 minutes and remove from heat
- Serve hot with pickles, curd or sauce of your choice!!