Onmyplate today is a delicious recipe “Onion & Tomato tawa Patty” which I experimented yesterday while trying to make a comfort food. This is a combination of frankie and roasted paratha which is served hot with sauce.
I have given this dish a name of “tawa Patty” as it is cooked on tawa; a flat iron utensil used to cook chapatis or Indian bread. It is mouth watering and delicious in taste and apart from this it is easy to cook with minimal ingredients handy at home.
A healthy and tasty snack perfect for high tea. Try if you like and share your experience!!
- Maida (Flour) 1/2 cup
- Onion 1 medium cut into thin rings
- Tomato 1 medium cut into thin rings
- Fresh Green chili 1 chopped
- Red chili flakes 1/4 tsp
- Mayonnaise 1 tbsp
- Tomato sauce 1 tsp
- Salt 1 pinch
- Black salt 1/4 tsp or according to taste
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Take a bowl and add Maida, salt, 1 tsp oil, 1/4 cup water; mix well and knead into a smooth dough
- Divide it into two equal portions
- Roll the dough into thin chapatis of 5-6 inches diameter
- Take one of the chapatis and spread Mayonnaise evenly on it, leaving 1/2 inch on the sides
- Now take onion rings and spread it over the Mayonnaise
- Then add tomato rings and finely add another layer of onion rings
- Now add fresh green chili, red chili flakes and sprinkle black salt
- Top the filling with tomato sauce
- Dip your fingers in the water and wet the sides left near the filling
- Now cover the fillings with the second chapati
- Press the sides of the chpatis with the tip of your fingers so that the fillings doesn’t come out
- Heat the tawa and smear little oil
- Now place the patty on the tawa and cook it in low heat
- Drop few drops of oil from the sides and few drops over the patty
- Turn it to the other side in 1-2 minutes since by this time it would turn light brown in color
- Now add few more drops of oil from the sides and cook in low heat for 1-2 minutes
- Remove from heat and serve hot with sauce of your choice!!