Onmyplate today is a easy to cook snack which is healthy, crispy, crunchy and delicious in taste!!
I have given a new addition to the fries with flour which makes it more tasty and crunchy!!
Here goes the recipe for “Crispy Onion Fries ( Pyaj ke pakore)”
- Maida (flour) 1 cup
- Besan (chickpea flour) 2 tbsp
- Onion 2 medium thinly sliced
- Haldi (turmeric) 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp or according to taste
- Aamchur (dry mango powder) 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder 1 pinch
- Oil for deep fry
- Take a mixing bowl and add maida, besan, salt, haldi, red chili powder, baking powder, aamchur and mix well
- Now add 1/2 cup water and make a smooth thick paste, add little water if required
- Add onions to the paste and mix well and keep it aside for 5 minutes
- Heat oil in a kadhai (deep fry pan) in high heat
- Lower the heat and take one tablespoon of the paste and drop it slowly in the oil
- You may add paste for 4-5 fries together in the kadhai
- Cook the fries in low heat till golden brown in color
- Both the sides should be cooked well before removing from the flame
- Serve hot with sauce of your choice!!