Onmyplate today is a crunchy snack made of cauliflower which can be added to one’s regular diet as it’s a rich source of Vitamin C and dietary fibers.
You would love the cauliflowers in this form due to its crunchy and lovely taste!!
Here goes the recipe for Gobi ke pakore (Cauliflower Fries)!!
- Maida (All purpose flour)1 cup
- Besan (chickpea flour) 4 tbsp
- Gobi (cauliflower) 10-12 pieces
- Ajwain (Carom) seeds 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder 1/4 tsp
- Haldi (Turmeric) powder 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala powder 1/4 tsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp or according to taste
- Oil for deep fry
- Take a mixing bowl and add maida, besan, ajwain, baking powder, haldi, red chili powder, garam masala, salt and mix well
- Add 3/4 cup of water to make a thick paste, you may add little more water if required
- Whisk it properly so that it doesn’t form any lump and turns into a smooth paste
- Heat oil in a deep fry pan
- Dip cauliflower pieces into the paste and deep fry in low flame till golden brown in color
- Serve hot with your choice of sauce!!