Onmyplate today is “Fried Rice” which is one of my favorites and therefore, wanted to share with you all 🙂
“Fried Rice” is prepared from the leftover rice either cooked for dinner or lunch which generally no one wants to consume and therefore goes for a waste…..
Giving a new name and re-cooking makes it fresh and delicious in taste too!!
Here goes the recipe which would help you not to waste the leftover rice 🙂
- Cooked rice 2 cups
- Onion 1 large chopped
- Tomato 1 medium chopped
- Fresh Green Chili 1-2 chopped
- Haldi (Turmeric) 1/4 tsp
- Ajwain (carom) seeds 1/2 tsp
- Zeera (cumin) seeds 1/4 tsp
- Cinnamon 2 half inch
- Lemon juice 1 1/2 tbsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp or according to taste
- Oil 3 tbsp
- Heat oil in a fry pan and add ajwain, zeera and let it crackle
- Now add cinnamon and fresh green chili and let it crackle too
- Add the chopped onions and fry in low flame till golden in color
- You may now add tomatoes, haldi, salt and fry in medium heat
- Once the tomatoes are soft add rice and mix well
- Fry the rice in high heat till it starts crackling (almost 6-7 minutes)
- Keep stirring so that it doesn’t burn
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice and mix well
- Serve hot with curd, pickle or sauce!!